Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Little Red Schoolhouse Quilt

I received three books I ordered by Kathleen Tracy this week. Her books are mostly about doll quilts using reproduction fabrics. In addition to instructions for these quilts, Kathy talks about what life was like for children growing up on the prairie. I love looking at photos of these quilts and appreciate the history behind them.

 Three of four books by Kathleen Tracy. 

One of my favorite quilts is the "Little Red Schoolhouse Quilt" in "Prairie Children and their Quilts." I enjoyed visiting my LQS for some reproduction fabrics and got to work!

Red, white, and blue - just in time for Fourth of July!

Oh I love how this looks! Can't wait to assemble it.

In addition to these books, Kathy was kind enough to send me a free pattern and scrap fabrics for a doll quilt! What a nice surprise from her. Thanks, Kathy!

2 comments:

Alli said...

What a wonderful surprise! And your mini is looking lovely! :)

Karen said...

Love the blocks! That will be super cute :)